The Securing Water for Food: A Grand Challenge for Development and the SWFF Technical Assistance Facility, a hybrid incubator-accelerator serving 28 innovators in more than 30 countries, wants you as our Fall 2016 Virtual Intern – Journalism/Writing (unpaid internship) if:
You are a fantastic writer who produces precision crafted stories.
- You get under the hood of an issue and build stories that engage your reader intellectually and emotionally.
- You want to work on stories that feature people and projects that are inherently meaningful.
- You care about the environment, water, women, food security, and agriculture.
- You appreciate and are very interested in international development and its positive impact.
- You want to work with a team who delivers exceptional results and lives by the mantra “We execute.”
In order to facilitate the learning experience at this unpaid/for credit internship, the following qualifications are preferred.
- Senior or Masters level students seeking a career in journalism, writing, or research who likely need an internship to fulfill their degree requirements.
- Strong interest in international development.
- Be detail-oriented, self-motivated, able to multi-task, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects.
- Be available to work a minimum of 8-10 hours per week and potentially as many as 32 hours per week, depending on your availability.
- Be ready to produce Feature Stories and Success Stories (and related tweets from those stories) based on the work of Securing Water for Food innovators.
- Strong academic record, and ideally, 3.5 or above in writing courses.
- Resume and two recent writing samples.
Build a Solid Portfolio of Articles
You will have an opportunity to build a solid portfolio for a program that is supported by The United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Sweden through the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), the Foreign Ministry of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and the Government of South Africa.
You are will be able to interface with Securing Water for Food innovators who are working to address the world’s super problem: how we use water for agriculture. Learn more about our innovators on the “Innovators” tab on our website.
To submit your application, click here.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JULY 29, 2016
FINAL HIRING DECISION MADE BY: AUGUST 4, 2016.