The Securing Water for Food Technical Assistance Facility has recently published The Untapped Market for Agricultural Innovations in Emerging Economies: A Practical Workbook to Help Innovators Reach Women Smallholder Farmers was published May 2017.
Initially discussed at the USAID Ag Cluster meeting in December 2016, Feed the Future’s Partnering for Innovation program created the working concept.
The technical coordination of the publication was carried out by Sattva Consulting under the leadership of Dr. Donna Vincent Roa, ABC, CDPM®, Chief of Party, Securing Water for Food (SWFF) Technical Assistance Facility. Asa Torkelsson, Regional Economic Empowerment Advisor for UN Women, provided a specialized review of and comments on this document and served as an advisor to SWFF innovators on gender empowerment and integration.
The workbook is a practical tool for innovators working in the water-agricultural sector
The workbook is a practical tool for innovators working in the water-agricultural sector to help them:
- Reach and effectively serve the untapped or missing market of women smallholder farmers in emerging economies
- Target business growth with a focus on women smallholder farmers
- Highlight resources and tools for designing and marketing products, services, and technologies to reach this market
- Guide assessment of barriers and opportunities to reach the missing market of women smallholder farmers
- Create a framework for expanding to other countries and markets
- Examine the entire business cycle, from product design to market entry, to plan for customer retention and company growth
Access the SWFF Missing Markets Report.